Monday, October 4, 2010

A Kindergarten Kind of Tired

Teaching kindergarten is the absolute perfect place for me.  I am so blessed to love what I do and to have the opportunity to do it at a place I love.  My days are filled with learning, laughter, and yes a few tears (both mine and the students). There is nothing better than seeing that moment when one of my students feels so proud of him/herself that they can't contain it. Well there is one thing better, and that is seeing them get out of control excited when one of their friends does something extra great!

I wish for my kiddos that school could always be a place where their personal best is good enough and accomplishments could always be marked with a smiley face instead of a letter grade.  I wish for them that everyone in their class would always be their friend... because that is just the way it is.  I wish for them that they could always get 5 new tickets so each day could begin with a fresh start.  I wish for them that a hug from their teacher would always make them feel important and loved.  I wish for them that a quick run on the playground and a trip up the monkey bars would always make them feel like the fastest person in the world.

As we know life, we know that these things are not reality... except in a kindergarten room.  Therefore, I wish for them that I can be the best teacher possible.  I pray that I will teach them what they need to know, say the things that they need to hear, make school an encouraging and rewarding place to be, and set an example for them to live their lives by.

As I said earlier kindergarten is the best place for me.  It isn't always easy, but at the end of the day I feel a good kind of  tired.   It's the kind of tired that when I put my head down on my pillow for the night, I feel like I've earned the sleep that's coming.   It's the kind of tired that feels like a made a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment